"You’re Fired!" - Lord Alan Sugar
We are all involved in many business transactions every day whether we know it or not. The business principles involved in buying a company or buying a newspaper are exactly the same. GCSE Business Studies will allow students to see ‘behind the scenes’ regarding –
• How a business works internally
• Who a business needs to interact with externally
• The laws that apply to a businesses
• How a Government runs the UK
• How the European Union works
• What is ‘economics’?
The understanding of business and economic principles helps an individual to be a more effective employee therefore improving his or her career prospects. The information learned is also essential in starting a business and making sure it survives.